STEP 1 – CLIENT INFORMATION
Client name – Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd, Cardiff, New South Wales
The business has been operating for 10 years and has 12 employees.
The business is a fabricated structural steel business which has been conducting some research and development and believes it has developed a basic prototype of a new product that could be developed and sold, either by Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd or from a spin-off company.
The directors of Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd have enquired from their accountant/business adviser if there are any government grants that could assist them in their business activities.
Other information relative to Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd is as follows:
- The business exports.
- The business imports products that will be exported within 12 months.
- There are 12 employees.
- The business is registered with an ABN.
- Turnover - $1,950,000.
- The business is registered for GST.
- The company is not tax exempt.
STEP 2 – ENTITY DETAILS
Enter the client information into the New Client Profile.
|Client's Name/Reference?||Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd|
|Do you Export Products?||No|
|Do you Import Products?||No|
|Number of Employees?||0 to 20|
|Do you have an ABN?||Yes|
|How many years have you been trading?||Over 3|
|Annual Turnover?||$1.5M to $20M|
|Are you involved in research & development?||Yes|
Save to continue...
Details – you can check entries
Address – enter the business’ address
Financial – you can check entries Business Industry Code - Keyword search – “fabricated structural steel” – select “Search” = 22210 – click on the plus sign “+" to add that Business Industry Code.
Northern Engineering Services Pty Ltd
9 grants potentially match this business profile:
To finalise your search, click on each grant individually and answer the key criteria questions.
- Apprenticeship Incentives – Apprentices with Disability
- Apprenticeship Incentives – School Based Apprenticeships
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Business Growth Grant – Manufacturing and Manufacturing Related Services
- Certain Inputs to Manufacturer
- Export Market Development Grant
- Industry Capability Network
- R & D Tax Incentive (Turnover under $20M
- Tradex Scheme
STEP 4 – ADDITIONAL CRITERIA
The next step is to review the “Additional Criteria” and the papers/forms contained within the “Grant ToolKit” to determine whether the client is comfortable or interested in a particular grant.
Click on to Apprenticeship Incentives – Apprentices with Disabilities
Apprenticeship Incentives – Apprentices with Disabilities
Employees who engage an apprentice/trainee with a disability may be entitled to an additional assistance package.
|Amt From||Amt To||Funding %||Funding % Explanation|
|$1||$104.30||100%||Employers employing (on a full-time basis) an eligible apprentice/trainee with a disability, on $104.30 per week, in addition to the Commencement Incentive.|
Would you like to read the ESS BIZTOOLS Paper “Apprenticeship Incentives Overview – Assistance for Employers (Paper 014-011)”? Yes
Are you proposing to employ an apprentice/trainee who has a disability and would like to take a Certificate II or higher level of qualification? Yes
- If you click on “Apply Now”, it will take you to the URL of the Australian apprenticeship organisation.
- If you click on “Close”, ESS BIZGRANTS will update the system and will show that grant in the “Potentially Eligible Grant”.
- The “Pending Grant List” will now contain eight potential grants for this client. You can scan this and select the grants you believe the client might be interested in. For this purpose, “Business Growth Grant – Manufacturing or Manufacturing Related Services” is selected.
Complete the above process for all of the grants listed in the “Pending Grant List” to determine which grants go into the “Potentially Eligible Grant” list and which go into the “Potentially Ineligible Grant” list.
Once completed, you can print the “Grant Report” – which will contain your name as well as the client for whom you have prepared this report. Example - Total Engineering Services Pty Ltd
9 grants potentially match this business profile:
To finalise your search, click on to each grant individually and answer the Key Criteria questions:
- 1 Apprenticeship Incentives – Apprentices with Disability
- 2 Apprenticeship Incentives – School Based Apprenticeships
- 3 Australian Bureau of Statistics
- 4 Business Growth Grant – Manufacturing and Manufacturing Related Services
- 5 Certain Inputs to Manufacture
- 6 Export Market Development Grant
- 7 Industry Capability Network
- 8 R & D Tax Incentive (Turnover under $20M)
- 9 Tradex Scheme
You are then able to have a conversation with your client relative to the grants you’ve identified. If required, you can also attach the various ESS BIZTOOLS’ papers on each of the listed grants.
During the conversation with your client, you should be seeking the client’s approval to proceed with the applications as required from the identified grants' listed. We recommend you inform your client that you will be opening a separate cost centre for the work you’re going to perform in preparing the grant applications.
For some of the grants listed in this particular example (e.g. Business Growth Grant – Manufacturing or Manufacturing Related Services, Export Market Development Grant and R & D Tax Incentives), there is a potential for accountancy businesses to earn additional fees for undertaking some of the activities being funded by the grants or incentives.
Our recommendation is that you submit a separate quotation and proposal to your client to cover each of these activities.